As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make a delicious tubby custard recipe with strawberries in just 30 minutes. This pink, oozy custard is a popular treat inspired by the Teletubbies and is made with fresh strawberries, egg yolks, corn starch, and whole milk.
Enjoy this delightful dessert that both kids and adults will love. Teletubbies brought the concept of tubby custard to life, and now you can recreate it in your own kitchen with this easy recipe. The combination of creamy custard and sweet strawberries is a match made in heaven.
In just 30 minutes, you can have a bowl of this pink, oozy delight. Made with fresh strawberries, egg yolks, corn starch, and whole milk, this tubby custard is a treat for both the young and the young at heart. So why not indulge in a bit of nostalgia and whip up a batch of this delicious dessert?
What Equipment Are Needed To Make Tubby Custard Recipe With Strawberry
To make a tubby custard recipe with strawberries, you’ll need equipment like a blender, a saucepan, a whisk, and a strainer. Ensure you have fresh strawberries, egg yolks, corn starch, and whole milk as ingredients. Follow the recipe carefully for a delightful strawberry-infused tubby custard.
To make the delicious tubby custard recipe with strawberry, you will need the following equipment:
- Mixing Bowl: For combining the ingredients and creating a smooth custard mixture.
- Whisk: To mix the ingredients together and create a creamy texture.
- Saucepan: To heat the custard mixture on the stove.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: To accurately measure the ingredients and ensure the perfect balance of flavors.
- Blender or Food Processor: To blend the fresh strawberries into a smooth puree.
- Strainer: To remove any seeds or chunks in the strawberry puree, resulting in a smooth and velvety custard.
- Rubber Spatula: To scrape the sides of the mixing bowl and ensure that all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Serving Glasses or Bowls: To serve the tubby custard and give it a professional touch.
- Refrigerator: To chill the tubby custard and allow it to set before serving.
- Garnishes: Optional accessories such as fresh strawberry slices or mint leaves to enhance the presentation and flavor.
With these essential tools, you can easily prepare the tubby custard recipe with strawberry and indulge in its delightful taste.
Ingredients Of Making Tubby Custard Recipe With Strawberry
Indulge in the best tubby custard recipe with fresh strawberries. This delicious treat combines egg yolks, corn starch, whole milk, and red food coloring for a delightful twist on a classic dessert.
Ingredients Of Making Tubby Custard Recipe With Strawberry:
To make a delicious tubby custard recipe with strawberry, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries (washed and hulled)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Few drops of red food coloring (optional)
Now let’s take a closer look at each ingredient and its role in creating this delightful treat:
- Fresh strawberries: These juicy berries not only add a burst of sweetness but also provide a beautiful pink color to the custard. Make sure to use fresh, ripe strawberries for the best flavor.
- Egg yolks: The egg yolks add a rich and creamy texture to the custard. They also contribute to the custard’s smooth consistency.
- Corn starch: Corn starch acts as a thickening agent in the custard, giving it a velvety texture. It helps the custard set properly without becoming too runny.
- Whole milk: The milk serves as the base for the custard, providing a creamy and luscious texture. Opting for whole milk adds richness to the final product.
- Sugar: The sugar brings sweetness to the custard, balancing the tartness of the strawberries. You can adjust the amount of sugar according to your preference.
- Red food coloring (optional): If you want a vibrant pink hue in your tubby custard, you can add a few drops of red food coloring. This is purely optional and can be skipped if desired.
By combining these simple ingredients, you can create a delectable tubby custard with a refreshing strawberry twist. Now, let’s move on to the next step and see how to prepare this delightful treat.
How To Make Tubby Custard Recipe With Strawberry Step By Step?
Learn how to make a delicious tubby custard recipe with fresh strawberries step by step. This easy-to-follow recipe includes simple ingredients like egg yolks, corn starch, sugar, and whole milk. Enjoy a tasty treat that both kids and adults will love!
Tubby custard is a beloved treat by both children and adults alike. If you’re a fan of the Teletubbies, you’ve probably wondered how to make this colorful and delicious dessert at home. Well, you’re in luck! We will guide you through the step-by-step process of making tubby custard with strawberries.
Follow these instructions to whip up a bowl of delightful tubby custard right in your own kitchen.
To make tubby custard with strawberries, you will need the following ingredients:
- Fresh strawberries
- Egg yolks
- Corn starch
- Whole milk
- Red food coloring (optional)
Now that you have gathered your ingredients, here’s how to make tubby custard with strawberries:
- Wash and hull the fresh strawberries, then slice them into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks, corn starch, and a splash of whole milk. Make sure the mixture is smooth and well-combined.
- Slowly pour the remaining whole milk into the saucepan, whisking continuously to prevent lumps from forming. You want the mixture to be creamy and smooth.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- If desired, add a few drops of red food coloring to give the custard a vibrant pink color, just like the tubby custard from the show. Stir well to incorporate the coloring evenly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the custard cool slightly. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Once the custard is at room temperature, pour it into individual serving bowls or cups.
- Top each serving with the sliced strawberries. You can be as generous as you like!
- If you have any leftover custard, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Serve the tubby custard with strawberries chilled and enjoy this delightful dessert that will bring back memories of the Teletubbies.
Now you know how to make tubby custard with strawberries from scratch. Whether you’re planning a Teletubbies-themed party or simply want to indulge your inner child, this recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Give it a try and let the flavors of nostalgia transport you to the colorful world of the Teletubbies.
How Does Tubby Custard Recipe With Strawberry Taste
Experience the delightful taste of tubby custard recipe with strawberry. This unique combination of fresh strawberries, egg yolks, corn starch, and whole milk creates a creamy and fruity dessert that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
How Does Tubby Custard Recipe With Strawberry Taste?
Tubby custard with strawberry is a delightful treat that combines the creamy goodness of custard with the sweetness of fresh strawberries. The combination creates a burst of flavors that will leave you wanting more. Here’s how the tubby custard recipe with strawberries tastes:
- Creamy and smooth: The custard base gives the dessert a creamy and velvety texture that melts in your mouth.
- Sweet and tangy: The addition of fresh strawberries adds a natural sweetness and a subtle tanginess to the custard, creating a perfectly balanced flavor profile.
- Fresh and fruity: The strawberries bring a burst of freshness to the dessert, making every bite a delightful experience.
- Summery and refreshing: The strawberry flavor adds a refreshing twist to the classic custard, making it a perfect treat for those warm summer days.
This delicious combination of sweet and tangy flavors, along with the creamy custard base, creates a mouthwatering dessert that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Give this tubby custard recipe with strawberries a try and indulge in its delectable taste.
What Precautions Should Be Taken While Making Tubby Custard Recipe With Strawberry
When making a tubby custard recipe with strawberries, it is important to use fresh strawberries and ensure they are properly washed and prepared. Additionally, make sure to follow the recipe instructions carefully to achieve the desired taste and texture of the custard.
What Precautions Should Be Taken While Making Tubby Custard Recipe With Strawberry?
One can easily get carried away while making the delicious Tubby Custard recipe with strawberries. However, it is essential to take a few precautions to ensure that the end result is perfect. Here are some precautions to keep in mind:
- Use fresh strawberries: Make sure the strawberries you use are fresh and ripe. This will ensure a vibrant color and a burst of natural sweetness in the custard.
- Clean and hull the strawberries: Before using the strawberries, wash them thoroughly to remove any dirt or impurities. Also, remove the green stems (hull) before chopping or blending the strawberries.
- Properly measure the ingredients: Accurate measurements play a vital role in the overall taste and texture of the custard. Use measuring cups and spoons to ensure precision and consistency.
- Slowly incorporate the cornstarch: When adding cornstarch to the custard mixture, do it slowly while continuously whisking. This will help prevent lumps from forming and ensure a smooth and creamy texture.
- Cook custard on low heat: It is crucial to cook the custard on low heat to avoid curdling or scorching. Constantly stir the mixture to distribute the heat evenly and prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Keep stirring until thickened: The custard should be cooked until it reaches a thick consistency that coats the back of a spoon. Keep stirring throughout the process to prevent it from burning or forming a skin on the surface.
- Strain the custard: To ensure a velvety smooth texture, strain the custard before adding the strawberries. This will help remove any lumps or cooked eggs that might have formed during the cooking process.
- Chill the custard before serving: Once the custard is cooked and mixed with strawberries, it needs to be chilled in the refrigerator. This will not only enhance the flavor but also allow the custard to set properly.
- Garnish before serving: Just before serving, garnish the tubby custard with fresh strawberry slices or a sprig of mint for an added touch of freshness and visual appeal.
Remember, following these precautions will result in a delightful tubby custard recipe with strawberries that will impress your taste buds and satisfy your dessert cravings.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Tubby Custard Recipe With Strawberry?
Discover the health benefits of a delicious tubby custard recipe with strawberries. Packed with fresh strawberries, egg yolks, corn starch, and whole milk, this creamy dessert is not only tasty but also a great source of vitamins and minerals. Indulge in this guilt-free treat and enjoy the goodness of strawberries while satisfying your sweet tooth.
Try out this easy recipe today!
Tubby custard is not only a delicious treat but also offers several health benefits, especially when combined with fresh strawberries. Here are some of the health benefits of tubby custard recipe with strawberry:
- High in vitamins and minerals: Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and promotes collagen production for healthy skin. They also contain manganese, folate, and potassium, which help maintain optimal bodily functions.
- Antioxidant-rich: Strawberries are packed with antioxidants that protect the body’s cells from damage caused by free radicals. These antioxidants help reduce inflammation and lower the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
- Aids in digestion: The fiber content in strawberries promotes healthy digestion by adding bulk to the stool and preventing constipation. It also helps regulate blood sugar levels and keeps you feeling full for longer periods.
- Supports heart health: The combination of strawberries and tubby custard can be beneficial for heart health. Strawberries contain flavonoids that improve heart health by reducing cholesterol levels and decreasing blood pressure. The low-fat content in tubby custard also contributes to a heart-healthy diet.
- Boosts brain function: The antioxidants found in strawberries have been shown to improve brain function and memory. They may also protect against age-related cognitive decline and reduce the risk of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Promotes weight management: Tubby custard recipe with strawberry can be a guilt-free dessert option for those watching their weight. With its low-fat content and natural sweetness from strawberries, it satisfies cravings without adding excessive calories.
Incorporating tubby custard recipe with strawberry into your diet can be a tasty way to reap these health benefits while indulging in a satisfying treat. Give it a try and enjoy a sweet and nutritious dessert option.
Indulge in the delightful flavors of a Tubby Custard Recipe with Strawberry. This mouthwatering treat is made with fresh strawberries, egg yolks, corn starch, and whole milk, resulting in a creamy and sweet dessert that is sure to please. Enjoy this satisfying recipe that is easy to make and will leave you craving more.
Tubby Custard is a delicious and nutritious treat that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Here are some key nutritional facts about this strawberry-infused delight:
- Fresh strawberries: The addition of fresh strawberries not only adds a burst of flavor but also provides essential vitamins and minerals. Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, which is known for its immune-boosting properties and its role in collagen production. They also contain dietary fiber, which aids in digestion.
- Egg yolks: The custard base of this recipe is made with egg yolks, which contribute to its rich and creamy texture. Egg yolks are a good source of protein and healthy fats. They also contain essential vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin D, and vitamin E.
- Corn starch: Corn starch is used as a thickening agent in the custard. It adds no significant nutritional value but helps create a smooth and creamy texture.
- Whole milk: Whole milk is the main liquid component of the custard. It provides protein, calcium, and other essential nutrients. However, it is important to note that whole milk is higher in fat than reduced-fat or skim milk options.
- Red food coloring: To achieve the signature pink color of Tubby Custard, a small amount of red food coloring is added. While food coloring does not contribute to nutrition, it enhances the visual appeal of the dish.
Tubby Custard with strawberries is a delightful treat that not only satisfies your taste buds but also provides some nutritional benefits. The combination of fresh strawberries, egg yolks, whole milk, and corn starch creates a creamy and flavorful dessert option.
Enjoy a serving of this delicious custard guilt-free and indulge in its unique strawberry goodness.
Who Should Not Eat Tubby Custard Recipe With Strawberry
While the tubby custard recipe with strawberry may sound delicious, it is important to note that there are certain people who should avoid eating it. It is not recommended for individuals with strawberry allergies or those who are lactose intolerant.
Who Should Not Eat Tubby Custard Recipe With Strawberry:
Tubby custard recipe with strawberry may be a delightful treat for many, but it may not be suitable for everyone. Here are a few groups of people who should avoid consuming this recipe:
- Individuals with dairy allergies or lactose intolerance: Tubby custard recipe contains whole milk, which can pose a problem for individuals with lactose intolerance or dairy allergies. Milk-based products can cause digestive discomfort, bloating, and other allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. It’s best to opt for dairy-free alternatives or consult a healthcare professional for suitable substitutes.
- People with diabetes or blood sugar issues: The addition of sugar in this recipe can significantly impact blood sugar levels. Individuals with diabetes or those who need to monitor their blood sugar should be cautious when consuming tubby custard with strawberry. It is advisable to consult a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian for guidance on suitable sweeteners or alternative dessert options.
- Those following a strict low-carb or ketogenic diet: Tubby custard recipe contains corn starch, which is a source of carbohydrates. Individuals following a low-carb or ketogenic diet, where carbohydrate intake needs to be minimized, may need to avoid or modify the recipe to meet their dietary requirements.
- People with strawberry allergies: While strawberries are a delicious addition to the tubby custard recipe, individuals with strawberry allergies should avoid this variation. Strawberry allergies can cause symptoms ranging from mild itching to severe anaphylaxis. It is crucial to read food labels carefully and consult with an allergist if you suspect a strawberry allergy.
- Infants and young children: Tubby custard recipe contains eggs, which can pose a potential choking hazard for infants and young children. Additionally, certain ingredients like corn starch may not be suitable for young children due to their immature digestive systems. It is essential to consult with a pediatrician before introducing any new food or recipe to infants and young children.
Remember, if you fall into any of these categories or have specific dietary concerns, it is advisable to speak with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian before enjoying tubby custard recipe with strawberry. Prioritizing your health and well-being is essential when making food choices.
Frequently Asked Questions Of Tubby Custard Recipe With Strawberry
What Is The Tubby Custard Made Out Of?
The tubby custard is made out of fresh strawberries, egg yolks, corn starch, and whole milk.
Is Custard An Egg?
No, custard is not an egg. Custard is a mixture of eggs, milk, sugar, and flavorings.
Is It Tubby Custard Or Tubby Tustard?
The correct spelling is Tubby Custard, not Tubby Tustard.
What Do The Teletubbies Eat?
The Teletubbies eat Tubby Custard, a pink colored custard, and Tubby Toast, which looks like a smiling chocolate cookie.
In our quest for the perfect dessert, we stumbled upon a delightful recipe for Tubby Custard with strawberries. This sweet treat combines the creamy goodness of custard with the fresh and tangy taste of strawberries. It’s a match made in dessert heaven! The simplicity of this recipe allows you to create a delicious treat in no time at all.
Just mix together the ingredients, allow the custard to thicken, and voila! You have a delectable dessert that will impress your family and friends. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply enjoying a cozy night in, Tubby Custard with strawberries is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
So go ahead, give this recipe a try and indulge in a dessert that is both comforting and flavorful. Your taste buds will thank you!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.