As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans Recipe is a flavorful dish made with smoked turkey, Better Than Bouillon, onions, minced garlic, thyme, and Slap Ya Mama seasoning. Simply put all the ingredients in a pot, fill it up with water, and let it cook until the beans are tender.
This recipe adds a kick to bland pinto beans and is perfect for Mexican dishes like refried beans or chili. Enjoy this delicious and easy-to-make recipe from Rickey Smiley for a tasty and hearty meal.
What Equipment Are Needed To Make Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans?
To make Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans, you will need smoked turkey legs or wings, Better Than Bouillon, Slap Ya Mama Seasoning, minced garlic, onion powder or onions, thyme, and paprika. Follow Rickey Smiley’s recipe for a delicious and flavorful dish.
To make Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans, you will need the following equipment:
- A large pot or Dutch oven: This will be used to cook the pinto beans and allow them to simmer to perfection.
- Wooden spoon or spatula: You’ll need these to stir the beans and ensure even cooking throughout the process.
- Cutting board and knife: These will come in handy for chopping up ingredients like onions, garlic, and other seasonings.
- Measuring cups and spoons: To accurately measure the amount of ingredients you’ll be using in the recipe.
- Can opener: If you’re using canned pinto beans, a can opener will be necessary to open the cans.
- Colander: If you’re using dried pinto beans, a colander will be needed to rinse them before cooking.
- Serving bowls or plates: Once your Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans are ready, you’ll need something to serve them in.
These essential equipment items will help you prepare the delicious Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans recipe with ease.
Ingredients Of Making Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans
Experience the mouthwatering taste of Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans recipe, made with a flavorful combination of smoked turkey, Better Than Bouillon, minced garlic, and Slap Ya Mama Seasoning. These beans are the perfect addition to any Mexican dish or enjoyed on their own.
When it comes to making delicious Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans, having the right ingredients is key. Here are the essential ingredients you’ll need:
- Pinto Beans: 2 cups
- Smoked Turkey Wings or Smoked Turkey Leg: 1-2 pieces
- Better Than Bouillon: 1 tablespoon
- Onions or Onion Powder: 1 medium-sized onion or 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- Minced Garlic: 2 cloves
- Thyme: 1 teaspoon
- Slap Ya Mama Seasoning: 1 tablespoon (adjust according to taste)
- Water: Enough to cover the beans
To make the flavor of the pinto beans stand out even more, you can also add additional ingredients like chili powder, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, hot sauce, or salsa. These will not only add some heat but also give your beans a nice kick.
Now that we have the ingredients ready, let’s move on to the next section, where we’ll delve into the step-by-step process of making Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans.
How To Make Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans
Try this flavorful recipe for Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans! Add chili powder, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, hot sauce, or salsa to spice up these creamy pinto beans and give them a delicious kick. Your taste buds will thank you!
Pinto beans are a classic staple in Southern cuisine, and Rickey Smiley’s recipe takes this humble ingredient to the next level. Here’s how you can make Rickey Smiley pinto beans in just a few simple steps:
- Start by rinsing your pinto beans under cold water and removing any debris or broken beans.
- Soak the beans overnight to help soften them and reduce the cooking time. Alternatively, you can also use the quick soak method by bringing the beans to a boil, then removing them from heat and letting them sit for an hour.
- Drain the soaked beans and transfer them to a large pot or Dutch oven.
- Add enough water to cover the beans by about two inches.
- To add flavor to your pinto beans, you can follow Rickey Smiley’s secret ingredient: Smoked turkey wings or a smoked turkey leg. This will infuse the beans with a rich, smoky flavor.
- Add some minced garlic, onions or onion powder, and a pinch of thyme to enhance the taste. For an extra kick, you can also include Slap Ya Mama Seasoning, which adds a delicious Cajun twist.
- Bring the pot to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and let the beans simmer for about two to three hours. Keep an eye on them and stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- The beans are ready when they have reached your preferred level of tenderness. Some people like their beans firmer, while others prefer them more soft and creamy.
- Once the beans are cooked to perfection, serve them as a side dish with cornbread, rice, or your favorite Southern comfort food. They pair well with fried chicken, and collard greens, or even as a filling for tacos and burritos.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days. You can also freeze them for a longer shelf life, perfect for quick and easy meals in the future.
With Rickey Smiley’s pinto beans recipe, you can enjoy a soulful and flavorful dish that will have your taste buds dancing with delight. So give it a try and experience the true essence of Southern cooking at its finest.
Remember, cooking is all about experimenting and adjusting the flavors to your liking. Feel free to add your own twist and customize the recipe according to your preferences. Happy cooking!
How Does Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans Taste?
Rickey Smiley’s pinto beans are bursting with flavor. With the addition of chili powder, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, hot sauce, or salsa, these beans have a nice kick that will leave your taste buds satisfied.
Pinto beans are known for their earthy taste and creamy texture, and Rickey Smiley’s recipe takes the flavor to a whole new level. Here’s what you can expect when you taste Rickey Smiley pinto beans:
- Smoky richness: Using smoked turkey wings or legs in the recipe adds depth and richness to the flavor of the beans. The smokiness infuses into the beans, giving them a delicious savory taste.
- Spicy kick: Rickey Smiley’s recipe calls for the addition of Slap Ya Mama seasoning, which adds a blend of herbs and spices with a bit of heat. This spice mix gives the pinto beans a flavorful kick that will leave your taste buds tingling.
- Savory notes: Along with the smokiness and spiciness, the recipe includes onions, garlic, and thyme, which contribute to the overall savory profile of the dish. These aromatic ingredients enhance the taste of the beans and create a mouthwatering experience.
- Creamy and satisfying: Pinto beans are naturally creamy and when cooked properly, they become tender and comforting. Rickey Smiley’s recipe ensures that the beans are cooked to perfection, resulting in a velvety texture that is both satisfying and delicious.
So, if you’re looking for a pinto bean recipe that combines smoky richness, a spicy kick, and savory notes, Rickey Smiley’s pinto beans won’t disappoint. They are a flavorful and satisfying dish that will leave you wanting more.
What Precautions Should Be Taken While Making Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans?
When making Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans, it is important to follow some precautions. Make sure to soak the beans overnight, season them well with spices, and cook them on low heat for a long time to achieve the desired tenderness and flavor.
To ensure that your Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans turn out delicious and flavorsome, here are some precautions you should keep in mind:
- Soak the pinto beans overnight: This step helps to soften the beans and reduce cooking time. Rinse the beans before soaking them in water overnight.
- Rinse the beans thoroughly: Before cooking, make sure to rinse the soaked beans well under running water. This will help remove any dirt or debris.
- Discard any damaged or discolored beans: While rinsing, check for any beans that seem damaged or discolored. These beans may affect the taste and texture of the dish, so it’s best to remove them.
- Use fresh ingredients: Using fresh onions, garlic, herbs, and spices will enhance the flavors of the pinto beans. Opt for high-quality ingredients to get the best results.
- Adjust the seasoning gradually: Seasoning is crucial in making flavorful pinto beans. Start with a small amount of seasoning and adjust according to your taste as you go. You can always add more but cannot remove excess seasoning once added.
- Cook on low heat: Simmer the pinto beans on low heat to ensure that they cook evenly and maintain their texture. This slow cooking process allows the flavors to develop and creates a delicious dish.
- Stir occasionally: Stirring the beans occasionally while cooking helps prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pot and ensures even cooking.
- Taste and adjust as needed: Throughout the cooking process, taste the beans and adjust the seasoning or liquid levels as necessary. This will help you achieve the perfect balance of flavors.
- Avoid overcooking: Check the beans periodically to see if they’re tender. Overcooking can make the beans mushy and affect the overall texture of the dish.
- Let the beans rest: Once cooked, allow the pinto beans to rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help the flavors meld together and result in a more satisfying dining experience.
By following these precautions, you can make sure that your Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans are full of flavor, tender, and a hit with your family or guests. Enjoy the delicious taste of these beans from Austin, Texas!
Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans Nutrition Fact
Indulge in the delicious Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans recipe. This flavorful dish combines pinto beans, smoked turkey, spices, and seasonings for a tasty and satisfying meal.
Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans Nutrition Fact:
Pinto beans are not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients and health benefits. Here are some key nutrition facts about Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans:
- High in Fiber: Pinto beans are an excellent source of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and helps keep you feeling full for longer.
- Rich in Protein: These beans are a great plant-based protein source, making them an ideal choice for vegetarians and vegans.
- Low in Fat: Pinto beans are low in fat, especially saturated fat, making them a healthier option compared to other protein sources.
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: They are a good source of various vitamins and minerals, including folate, magnesium, iron, and potassium.
- Promote Heart Health: Pinto beans contain nutrients that help reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases by lowering cholesterol levels.
- Aid in Weight Management: The high fiber and protein content of pinto beans can help with weight loss and weight management.
- Blood Sugar Regulation: The complex carbohydrates in pinto beans are digested slowly, leading to a more gradual rise in blood sugar levels.
- Digestive Health: The fiber content in pinto beans promotes a healthy digestive system and aids in preventing constipation.
Including Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans in your diet can be a nutritious and flavorful way to boost your overall health. Enjoy these tasty beans in various dishes like soups, stews, salads, tacos, and more.
Who Should Not Eat Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans?
Who should not eat Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans? It is recommended that individuals with bean allergies or digestive issues avoid consuming Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans.
Pinto beans are a delicious and nutritious addition to any meal. However, there are certain groups of people who should be cautious when consuming them. Here are some important points to consider:
- Individuals with digestive issues: Pinto beans can be difficult to digest, especially for those with sensitive stomachs or digestive disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). These individuals may experience bloating, gas, and discomfort after consuming pinto beans.
- People with food allergies or intolerances: Pinto beans are a common allergen and can cause allergic reactions in some individuals. Those with known allergies to legumes or beans should avoid pinto beans or consult with a healthcare professional before consuming them.
- Individuals taking certain medications: Pinto beans contain compounds called lectins, which can interfere with the absorption of certain medications. If you are taking medications such as blood thinners or thyroid medication, it is best to consult with your doctor or pharmacist before incorporating pinto beans into your diet.
- Infants and young children: Pinto beans, like other legumes, can be difficult for infants and young children to digest. It is typically recommended to introduce them to solid foods gradually and monitor for any allergic reactions or digestive issues.
- Individuals following a low-carb or ketogenic diet: Pinto beans are relatively high in carbohydrates and may not be suitable for individuals following strict low-carb or ketogenic diets. These diets typically restrict carbohydrate intake in order to promote ketosis and fat burning.
- Individuals with certain medical conditions: Pinto beans may not be suitable for individuals with certain medical conditions such as gout, kidney disease, or diabetes. These individuals should consult with their healthcare provider before including pinto beans in their diet.
It’s important to remember that everyone’s dietary needs and considerations are unique. If you have any concerns or specific health conditions, it is always best to consult with your healthcare provider or a registered dietitian before making any significant changes to your diet.
Frequently Asked Questions Of Rickey Smiley Pinto Beans Recipe
How To Flavor Bland Pinto Beans?
To flavor bland pinto beans, add chili powder, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, hot sauce, or salsa for a flavorful and spicy kick.
Why Are My Pinto Beans Not Getting Soft?
Your pinto beans may not be getting soft due to undercooking or lack of soaking.
How Do You Make Paula Deen Pinto Beans?
To make Paula Deen pinto beans, follow this recipe: 1. Soak pinto beans overnight in water. 2. In a pot, cook bacon until crispy. 3. Add chopped onions and cook until translucent. 4. Drain soaked beans and add them to the pot.
5. Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, and a bay leaf. 6. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 hours, until beans are tender. 7. Serve hot as a side dish or in recipes like soups or chili.
What Is The Difference Between Pinto And Navy Beans?
Pinto beans have an earthy taste and creamy texture, while navy beans have a delicate flavor, ideal for soups and stews.
How Can I Make My Pinto Beans More Flavorful?
Adding chili powder, chipotle peppers, hot sauce, or salsa can add flavor and heat to your pinto beans.
What Spices Can I Use To Spice Up Bland Pinto Beans?
Try using chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, or smoked paprika to add flavor to bland pinto beans.
Why Are My Pinto Beans Not Getting Soft When Cooked?
If your pinto beans are not getting soft, try soaking them overnight before cooking, or cook them at a higher temperature for a longer time.
To wrap up this blog post on Rickey Smiley’s Pinto Beans Recipe, it’s clear that this dish is a flavorful and satisfying option for anyone looking to spice up their pinto beans. By adding ingredients such as smoked turkey wings, Better Than Bouillon, minced garlic, and Slap Ya Mama Seasoning, you can transform bland pinto beans into a delicious and mouthwatering dish.
The difference between navy beans and pinto beans also adds versatility to this recipe, as pinto beans provide an earthy taste and creamy texture that perfectly complements Mexican dishes like refried beans or chili. Overall, this recipe offers a unique and flavorful twist on traditional pinto beans.
Whether you follow Rickey Smiley’s recipe or experiment with your own variations, these pinto beans are sure to be a hit on your dining table. So why not give them a try and impress your family and friends with a dish that is both satisfying and full of flavor?
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.