As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Oxtail Boil recipe combines corn, potatoes, and sausage, creating a flavorful and satisfying dish. Boiling the oxtails helps tenderize the meat while infusing it with savory flavors.
With its combination of ingredients, this recipe is sure to delight your taste buds. Whether you’re a fan of hearty meals or simply looking to try something new, this Oxtail Boil recipe is worth a try. The dish is easy to prepare and perfect for gatherings or family dinners.
So, grab your ingredients and start cooking to enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal.
What Equipment Are Needed To Make Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage
To make oxtail boil with corn, potatoes, and sausage, you will need ingredients such as oxtail, corn, potatoes, and sausage. This flavorful recipe requires a pot to boil the oxtail along with the other ingredients until tender and delicious.
To make a delicious oxtail boil with corn potatoes and sausage, you’ll need the following equipment:
- Large pot: A sturdy and spacious pot is essential for boiling the oxtails and other ingredients.
- Sharp knife: You’ll need a sharp knife to trim the excess fat and prepare the oxtails.
- Cutting board: A cutting board provides a clean and safe surface to prepare the ingredients.
- Wooden spoon: A wooden spoon is ideal for stirring and mixing the ingredients while they boil.
- Strainer or colander: You’ll need a strainer or colander to drain the boiled oxtails and vegetables.
- Serving bowls: You’ll want to serve your oxtail boil with corn potatoes and sausage in individual bowls or a large serving dish.
- Eating utensils: Don’t forget to have spoons and forks ready for enjoying your delicious meal.
By having these essential equipment ready, you’ll be well-prepared to create a mouthwatering oxtail boil with corn potatoes and sausage.
Ingredients Of Making Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage
This delicious oxtail boil recipe combines tender oxtail with corn, potatoes, and sausage for a flavorful dish. Boiling the oxtail adds flavor to the broth and creates tender, succulent meat. Try this recipe for a hearty and satisfying meal.
Ingredients Of Making Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage:
- Oxtail: 3 pounds
- Corn on the cob: 4 ears
- Potatoes: 6 medium-sized
- Sausage links: 4
- Onion: 1 large
- Garlic cloves: 4
- Bay leaves: 2
- Thyme sprigs: 4
- Salt: 1 tablespoon
- Black peppercorns: 1 teaspoon
- Cajun seasoning: 2 tablespoons
- Worcestershire sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Hot sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Water: 8 cups
How To Make Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage:
- First, prepare the ingredients. Chop the onion and mince the garlic cloves. Cut the corn on the cob into smaller pieces and peel the potatoes. Slice the sausage links into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large pot, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the oxtail pieces and brown them on all sides. Remove the oxtail from the pot and set it aside.
- In the same pot, add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Return the oxtail to the pot and add the bay leaves, thyme sprigs, salt, black peppercorns, Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Stir everything together to coat the oxtail in the seasonings.
- Pour in the water and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the oxtail simmer for about 2 hours, or until the meat is tender and starts falling off the bone.
- After the oxtail has simmered for a while, add the sliced sausage, corn on the cob pieces, and peeled potatoes to the pot. Stir everything together gently.
- Continue to simmer the oxtail boil for another 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Once everything is cooked through, remove the pot from the heat. Serve the oxtail boil hot, garnished with some fresh herbs if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious oxtail boil with corn, potatoes, and sausage!
Making an oxtail boil with corn, potatoes, and sausage is a flavorful and hearty dish that is perfect for a gathering or family meal. The combination of tender oxtail, sweet corn, creamy potatoes, and savory sausage creates a satisfying meal that will keep everyone coming back for more.
With the right ingredients and a little bit of time, you can create a delicious oxtail boil that is bursting with flavor. Just follow the step-by-step instructions below to make your very own oxtail boil with corn, potatoes, and sausage.
How To Make Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage Step By Step?
Learn how to make a delicious oxtail boil with corn, potatoes, and sausage step by step. This recipe combines tender oxtail with flavorful ingredients for a mouthwatering meal.
How To Make Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage Step By Step
If you’re looking for a hearty and delicious meal, look no further than this oxtail boil with corn potatoes and sausage recipe. This dish is packed with flavor and will leave you feeling satisfied. Here’s how to make it step by step:
Step 1: Prepare The Ingredients
Before you start cooking, make sure you have all the ingredients you need. Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
- Oxtails: 2-3 pounds
- Corn on the cob: 4 ears, cut into smaller pieces
- Potatoes: 4-5 medium-sized, peeled and cut into chunks
- Sausage: 1 pound, sliced
- Onion: 1 medium-sized, sliced
- Garlic: 4 cloves, minced
- Bay leaves: 2
- Salt: To taste
- Black pepper: To taste
- Cajun seasoning: To taste
- Water: Enough to cover the ingredients in the pot
Step 2: Brown The Oxtails
In a large pot, heat some oil over medium-high heat. Add the oxtails and brown them on all sides. This will help enhance the flavor of the meat and give it a nice color.
Step 3: Add The Aromatics And Seasonings
Once the oxtails are browned, add the sliced onion and minced garlic to the pot. Stir them around for a minute or two until they become fragrant. Then, add the bay leaves, salt, black pepper, and Cajun seasoning. These seasonings will add depth and spice to the dish.
Step 4: Add The Potatoes, Corn, And Sausage
Next, add the potatoes, corn on the cob, and sliced sausage to the pot. Make sure everything is evenly distributed. These ingredients will add texture and flavor to the oxtail boil.
Step 5: Cover With Water And Simmer
Pour enough water into the pot to cover all the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 2-3 hours. The longer you cook the oxtails, the more tender they will become.
Step 6: Serve And Enjoy
Once the oxtails are fork-tender and the flavors have melded together, your oxtail boil with corn potatoes and sausage is ready to be served. Remove the bay leaves before serving, and garnish with some chopped parsley if desired. Serve this delicious dish with crusty bread or rice for a complete meal.
This oxtail boil with corn potatoes and sausage recipe is a crowd-pleasing favorite that is perfect for family gatherings or cozy dinners at home. Give it a try and enjoy the savory flavors of this comforting dish.
How Does Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage Taste
The Oxtail Boil with Corn, Potatoes, and Sausage is a flavorful combination of tender oxtail, corn, potatoes, and sausage. The rich and savory taste of the oxtail is complemented by the sweetness of the corn and the savory flavors of the potatoes and sausage.
- The combination of oxtail, corn, potatoes, and sausage creates a rich and hearty flavor profile that is both satisfying and comforting.
- The meat from the oxtail becomes incredibly tender and falls off the bone, while the corn and potatoes provide a sweet and starchy element.
- The sausage adds a savory and smoky note to the dish, complementing the other ingredients perfectly.
- The flavors meld together as the dish simmers, creating a mouthwatering broth that is packed with depth and complexity.
- Each bite is a burst of deliciousness, with the different textures and flavors coming together harmoniously.
Why Oxtail Is A Great Choice For Boiling:
- Oxtail is a flavorful cut of meat that becomes incredibly tender when cooked low and slow.
- Boiling oxtail helps to extract all the rich flavors from the bone and connective tissue, resulting in a flavorful broth.
- The collagen in the oxtail breaks down during the boiling process, creating a gelatinous texture and adding richness to the dish.
- Boiling also allows the flavors of the other ingredients, such as corn, potatoes, and sausage, to infuse into the meat, creating a harmonious and delicious dish.
Benefits Of Adding Corn, Potatoes, And Sausage To The Boil:
- Corn adds a natural sweetness and a pop of color to the dish. It provides a contrast to the richness of the oxtail and adds a pleasant crunch.
- Potatoes are a comforting addition that adds substance to the dish. They absorb the flavors of the broth and become soft and creamy during cooking.
- Sausage adds a savory and smoky flavor that complements the rich flavors of the oxtail. It adds depth to the dish and enhances the overall taste experience.
- The combination of corn, potatoes, and sausage adds variety to the dish, creating a balanced and well-rounded meal.
Tips For Achieving The Best Flavor:
- Season the oxtail with salt and pepper to enhance its natural flavors before adding it to the boil.
- Allow the oxtail to simmer for several hours to ensure maximum tenderness and flavor.
- Use fresh and high-quality ingredients for the best taste experience.
- Consider adding aromatics such as onions, garlic, and herbs to add additional depth of flavor to the dish.
- Skim any fat or impurities that rise to the surface of the broth during cooking to ensure a clean and flavorful finished dish.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste before serving.
Remember to enjoy this oxtail boil with corn, potatoes, and sausage as a hearty and comforting meal that is perfect for any occasion.
What Precautions Should Be Taken While Making Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage
When making oxtail boil with corn, potatoes, and sausage, it is important to follow a few precautions. Make sure to simmer the oxtail for several hours to ensure it becomes tender, and also be cautious of overcooking the potatoes and sausage, as they can easily become mushy.
What Precautions Should Be Taken While Making Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage:
- Use the following precautions to ensure a successful oxtail boil with corn potatoes and sausage:
- Choose fresh oxtail that is bright red in color and has minimal odor.
- Trim excess fat from the oxtail before cooking to reduce greasiness.
- Make sure all the ingredients are properly washed and cleaned before use.
- Cut the corn and potatoes into evenly sized pieces for even cooking.
- Adjust the cooking time according to the tenderness desired for the oxtail.
- Skim off any impurities or foam that may rise to the surface during the boiling process.
- Add seasonings gradually and taste as you go to avoid over or under seasoning.
- Be cautious when handling hot ingredients and use oven mitts or kitchen towels to avoid burns.
- Allow the oxtail boil to cool slightly before serving to avoid burning your mouth.
- Store any leftover oxtail boil in airtight containers in the refrigerator to maintain freshness.
Tips For A Delicious Oxtail Boil:
- Follow these tips to enhance the flavor of your oxtail boil with corn potatoes and sausage:
- Marinate the oxtail in a mixture of herbs, spices, and vinegar for a few hours before cooking to add extra flavor.
- Add aromatics like garlic, onions, and bay leaves to the boiling water for a fragrant broth.
- Consider adding a splash of Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce for a savory umami taste.
- Garnish the oxtail boil with fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro for a pop of freshness.
- Serve the oxtail boil with crusty bread or rice to soak up the delicious broth.
- Experiment with different seasoning blends or spices to personalize the dish to your taste.
- Cook the oxtail boil on low heat for a longer period to ensure the meat becomes tender and juicy.
- Use a mix of different sausages, such as spicy and mild, for added variety and complexity.
- Don’t be afraid to customize the ingredients by adding vegetables like carrots or bell peppers to add more color and flavor.
Remember, making an oxtail boil with corn potatoes and sausage is a versatile and customizable dish, so feel free to adjust the ingredients and seasonings according to your preferences. Enjoy the rich flavors and hearty goodness of this delicious recipe!
How To Serve Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage
Indulge in the deliciousness of oxtail boil with corn, potatoes, and sausage in Austin, Texas. Follow this mouth-watering recipe for a flavorful and satisfying meal.
How To Serve Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage:
Oxtail boil with corn potatoes and sausage is a hearty and flavorful dish that’s perfect for family gatherings or cozy nights at home. The combination of tender oxtail, sweet corn, creamy potatoes, and savory sausage creates a dish that’s both comforting and satisfying.
Here’s how to serve this delicious meal:
Serve With A Side Of Rice:
- A bed of fluffy white rice is the perfect accompaniment to your oxtail boil. The rice absorbs the flavorful broth and complements the richness of the oxtail and sausage.
Add A Side Of Greens:
- Balance out the rich flavors of the oxtail boil with a side of vibrant greens. Sautéed spinach or collard greens pair well with the hearty dish, providing a pop of freshness and contrasting textures.
Garnish With Fresh Herbs:
- Sprinkle some fresh herbs, such as parsley or cilantro, over the oxtail boil before serving. Not only does it add a burst of color, but it also brings a hint of freshness to the dish.
Serve With Crusty Bread:
- Don’t forget to have some crusty bread on hand to soak up the flavorful broth. The warm bread adds an extra layer of comfort and helps to make sure no droplets of deliciousness go to waste.
Pair With A Full-Bodied Red Wine:
- Complement the rich flavors of the oxtail boil by serving it with a robust red wine, such as a Bordeaux or a Cabernet Sauvignon. The wine’s tannins and acidity will help cut through the richness of the dish, enhancing the overall dining experience.
- Oxtail boil is a great dish for serving family-style. Transfer the cooked oxtail, corn, potatoes, and sausage to a large serving platter or a deep dish. Let everyone serve themselves, allowing for a communal and interactive dining experience.
Enjoy Leftovers The Next Day:
- Oxtail boil flavors deepen and meld together over time, making it even more delicious the following day. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and simply reheat when ready to enjoy again.
Share The Recipe:
- If your family and friends enjoy your oxtail boil, don’t keep the recipe a secret! Share it with them so they can also savor the flavors of this comforting dish. Sharing recipes is a great way to connect with loved ones and create lasting food traditions.
Customize To Your Taste:
- Feel free to customize the oxtail boil to your taste preferences. You can add additional vegetables like carrots or celery, or even experiment with different seasonings to suit your palate. Don’t be afraid to make it your own!
Don’T Forget The Enjoyment:
- Lastly, when serving oxtail boil with corn potatoes and sausage, don’t forget to enjoy the flavors and the company you’re sharing the meal with. The dish’s hearty nature and inviting aroma make it perfect for cozy gatherings or a special family dinner.
So go ahead and dig into this flavorful oxtail boil with corn potatoes and sausage recipe. It’s a dish that is sure to please your taste buds and leave you craving for more. Enjoy!
What Are The Health Benefits Of Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage?
Looking for a hearty and delicious meal? Try the oxtail boil with corn, potatoes, and sausage recipe. This flavorful dish is packed with protein and nutrients, making it a great option for a healthy and satisfying meal.
Health Benefits Of Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage:
Oxtail boil with corn, potatoes, and sausage is not only a delicious dish but also packed with health benefits. Here are some of the reasons why you should add this recipe to your diet:
- Rich in Protein: Oxtail, sausage, and corn are all excellent sources of protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body.
- Good Source of Vitamins and Minerals: This recipe contains a variety of vegetables that provide essential vitamins and minerals. Potatoes are a great source of potassium, while corn is rich in vitamin C and fiber.
- Promotes Bone Health: Oxtail is known for its high collagen content, which helps strengthen bones and joints. This can be beneficial for those with arthritis or other bone-related issues.
- Boosts Immune System: Garlic, onions, and other herbs and spices used in this recipe contain immune-boosting properties that can help fight off infections and support overall immune health.
- Provides Energy: Oxtail boil is a hearty and filling dish that provides a good amount of energy to keep you going throughout the day.
- Supports Digestive Health: The fiber content in corn and potatoes can aid in digestion and promote a healthy gut.
Including oxtail boil with corn, potatoes, and sausage in your diet not only satisfies your taste buds but also provides several health benefits. So why not give this recipe a try and enjoy its nutritional goodness?
Indulge in a flavorful oxtail boil with corn, potatoes, and sausage. This recipe showcases a combination of delicious ingredients for a hearty and nutritious meal.
- Oxtail is a rich source of protein, providing essential amino acids necessary for muscle growth and repair.
- Oxtail is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, and B vitamins.
- Corn is packed with fiber, providing digestive benefits and promoting healthy bowel movements.
- Potatoes are an excellent source of carbohydrates, providing sustained energy throughout the day.
- Sausage adds a flavorful touch to the dish and contributes to the overall protein content.
- This recipe is relatively high in calories, so it is advisable to enjoy it as an occasional indulgence rather than a regular meal option.
- Start by thoroughly cleaning and rinsing the oxtail under cold water.
- Pat the oxtail dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Season the oxtail with salt, pepper, and any other desired spices.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add the oxtail.
- Allow the oxtail to simmer for several hours until tender and the meat easily falls off the bone.
- While the oxtail is cooking, prepare the corn potatoes and sausage separately.
- Boil the corn potatoes in a separate pot until they are fork-tender.
- Drain the potatoes and set them aside.
- In a skillet, cook the sausage until it is browned and fully cooked.
- Slice the sausage into bite-sized pieces.
- Once the oxtail, corn potatoes, and sausage are cooked and prepared, serve them together on a large platter.
- Garnish with fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro for added flavor and presentation.
- Enjoy this hearty and comforting Oxtail Boil with Corn Potatoes and Sausage as a main course or as a special treat for a family gathering or dinner party.
Who Should Not Eat Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage
Oxtail boil with corn, potatoes, and sausage is a delicious recipe that should be avoided by individuals with dietary restrictions on red meat or sausage.
Who Should Not Eat Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage:
- Individuals with a seafood allergy: Oxtail boil often includes other ingredients like shrimp or crawfish, which can trigger allergic reactions in people with seafood allergies.
- Vegetarians and vegans: Oxtail boil is a meat-based dish that includes oxtail, sausage, and other animal products, making it unsuitable for those following a vegetarian or vegan diet.
- People with high blood pressure: Oxtail boil typically contains a significant amount of sodium from the seasoning and sausage, which can be problematic for individuals with high blood pressure.
- Individuals with dietary restrictions: Oxtail boil may not be suitable for those following specific dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free or dairy-free diets, as the recipe often includes ingredients that may contain gluten or dairy.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women: While oxtail itself is safe to eat during pregnancy or breastfeeding, it’s important to be cautious about the sausage and seasoning used, as they may contain ingredients that are not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Individuals with digestive issues: Oxtail boil can be a heavy and rich dish, which may not be suitable for individuals with digestive issues such as acid reflux or sensitive stomachs.
- Those watching their calorie intake: Oxtail boil is a hearty and indulgent dish that may be high in calories, making it less suitable for individuals who are watching their calorie intake or trying to lose weight.
- People with a specific meat preference: Some individuals may prefer to avoid oxtail or certain types of sausage, either due to personal preference or dietary restrictions.
- Those with an aversion to bones or cartilage: Oxtail boil includes oxtail, which consists of bones and cartilage. Individuals with an aversion to eating bones or cartilage may not enjoy this dish.
- Individuals with specific allergies or intolerances: It’s important to consider any allergies or food intolerances you may have, as oxtail boil may include ingredients that can trigger adverse reactions in susceptible individuals.
Remember to consult with a healthcare professional or nutritionist if you have specific dietary concerns or medical conditions before consuming oxtail boil with corn potatoes and sausage.
Frequently Asked Questions Of Oxtail Boil With Corn Potatoes And Sausage Recipe
How Long Does It Take To Boil Oxtails To Be Tender?
Boil oxtails until tender by braising them for several hours to add flavor and tenderize the meat.
Do You Boil Oxtail Before Cooking?
Yes, it is recommended to boil oxtails before cooking. Boiling tenderizes the meat and adds flavor.
Does Oxtail Get More Tender The Longer You Cook It?
Cooking oxtail for a longer time will make it more tender, so it is recommended to braise or boil it for several hours.
Why Put Vinegar On Oxtails?
Vinegar is used on oxtails to tenderize the meat and enhance the flavor.
In this blog post, we explored the mouthwatering recipe for an Oxtail Boil with Corn, Potatoes, and Sausage. This flavorful dish is sure to leave you satisfied and wanting more. By following this recipe, you can create a hearty meal that is perfect for any occasion.
The combination of tender oxtails, corn, potatoes, and savory sausage creates a delicious medley of flavors that will have your taste buds dancing. Whether you’re hosting a backyard gathering or a cozy family dinner, this recipe is sure to impress.
Don’t forget to season your oxtails with the perfect blend of spices and let them simmer to perfection. So go ahead and try this Oxtail Boil with Corn, Potatoes, and Sausage recipe for a delicious and satisfying meal that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.