As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Goya Split Pea Soup Recipe is a flavorful and nutritious soup made with green split peas, smoked ham, carrots, olive oil, and chicken bouillon. It can be easily prepared and enjoyed as a comforting meal.
Split pea soup is a popular dish that is often enjoyed during colder months, and this recipe provides a delicious twist on the traditional version. With its combination of savory ham and hearty peas, this soup is sure to satisfy your cravings and keep you warm.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy meal or something to prepare in your slow cooker, this Goya Split Pea Soup Recipe is a fantastic option.
What Equipment Are Needed To Make Goya Split Pea Soup?
To make Goya split pea soup, you will need smoked ham, green split peas, carrot, olive oil, and chicken bouillon. This hearty recipe is easy to make and perfect for a comforting meal.
To make Goya split pea soup, you will need the following equipment:
- Large soup pot or Dutch oven: This will be used to cook the soup ingredients and allows for even heat distribution.
- Cutting board and knife: To chop and prepare the vegetables and other ingredients.
- Wooden spoon or spatula: Perfect for stirring and combining the soup ingredients.
- Immersion blender or regular blender: This will be used to puree the soup if you prefer a smoother texture.
- Measuring cups and spoons: Necessary for accurately measuring the ingredients.
- Can opener: To open cans of Goya split peas and other canned ingredients, if being used.
- Serving bowls and ladle: To serve the delicious homemade split pea soup.
Using these basic kitchen tools, you will be well-equipped to whip up a delightful batch of Goya split pea soup in no time!
Ingredients Of Making Goya Split Pea Soup.
Looking for a delicious and healthy recipe for Goya Split Pea Soup? This easy-to-follow recipe includes ingredients such as green split peas, smoked ham, carrots, olive oil, and chicken bouillon for a flavorful and satisfying soup. Enjoy it on its own or pair it with some homemade bread or a grilled cheese sandwich for a complete meal.
Ingredients Of Making Goya Split Pea Soup
To make a delicious and hearty Goya Split Pea Soup, you will need the following ingredients:
- Green split peas
- Smoked ham
- Olive oil
- Chicken bouillon
First, let’s talk about the star ingredient – green split peas. These little legumes are packed with protein, fiber, and essential nutrients, making them a nutritious addition to any soup.
Next, we have smoked ham, which adds smoky and savory flavors to the soup. The saltiness of the ham complements the sweetness of the peas perfectly.
Carrots are another important component of this soup. They add a bit of sweetness and a pop of color, not to mention the extra dose of vitamins and minerals they bring to the table.
Olive oil is used to sauté the vegetables, adding a rich and flavorful base to the soup.
Lastly, chicken bouillon is added to enhance the taste and depth of the broth. It adds a savory and slightly salty note that ties all the ingredients together.
With these simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and nutritious Goya Split Pea Soup. Let’s move on to the next section to learn how to make it.
How To Make Goya Split Pea Soup?
Learn how to make a delicious Goya Split Pea Soup with this easy recipe. It features green split peas, smoked ham, carrots, olive oil, and chicken bouillon for a flavorful and satisfying meal. Perfect for a cozy dinner during colder months.
Goya Split Pea Soup is a hearty and delicious dish that is easy to make at home. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, follow these simple steps to create a flavorful bowl of Goya Split Pea Soup:
- Gather your ingredients:
- Green split peas
- Smoked ham
- Olive oil
- Chicken bouillon
- Rinse the green split peas thoroughly under cold water to remove any dirt or debris. Drain well.
- In a large pot, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add the smoked ham and sauté until slightly browned and fragrant.
- Add the chopped carrot to the pot and cook until it begins to soften.
- Stir in the green split peas, coating them with the flavors from the ham and carrot.
- Pour in enough water to cover the ingredients in the pot, and add the chicken bouillon for extra flavor. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the soup starts boiling, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until the split peas become tender and start to break down.
- Stir the soup occasionally while it simmers, and add more water if needed to maintain the desired consistency.
- Once the split peas are cooked to your liking, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Use an immersion blender or a regular blender to puree the soup until smooth and creamy. Be careful when blending hot liquids.
- If the soup is too thick, add more water or broth to thin it out. Alternatively, if it’s too thin, let it simmer uncovered for a few more minutes to reduce and thicken.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. You can also add additional herbs and spices like thyme or bay leaves for extra flavor.
- Serve the Goya Split Pea Soup hot, garnished with a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley or croutons for added texture.
Enjoy the warm and comforting flavors of homemade Goya Split Pea Soup! It’s the perfect dish for chilly days or whenever you’re in need of a hearty meal.
How Does Goya Split Pea Soup Taste?
Goya Split Pea Soup has a delicious taste with savory flavors of green split peas, smoked ham, and carrots. It’s a comforting and satisfying recipe that is easy to make and perfect for a hearty meal.
Goya split pea soup is a flavorful and hearty dish that is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Here’s what you can expect when it comes to the taste of this delicious soup:
- Earthy and Savory: Goya split pea soup has a rich, earthy flavor that comes from the green split peas. It has a savory taste that is both comforting and satisfying.
- Smoky and Meaty: If you choose to include ham in your Goya split pea soup, it adds a smoky and meaty flavor to the dish. The ham infuses the soup with its delicious flavors, making every spoonful a delight.
- Balanced and Creamy: The combination of green split peas, smoked ham, carrots, and olive oil creates a well-balanced and creamy texture in the soup. It is thick and velvety, making it a hearty and filling meal.
- Herbal and Fragrant: Goya split pea soup can be enhanced with various herbs and spices to give it an extra burst of flavor. Adding herbs like thyme or bay leaves can lend a fragrant and herbal note to the soup, making it even more enticing.
Overall, Goya split pea soup is a dish that combines earthy, savory, smoky, and creamy flavors to create a satisfying and delicious meal. It is a perfect choice for a comforting and hearty lunch or dinner.
Ways To Enhance The Taste Of Goya Split Pea Soup:
- Add a splash of lemon juice or a sprinkle of lemon zest to brighten the flavors.
- Season with herbs such as thyme or bay leaves for added fragrance and depth.
- Incorporate root vegetables like potatoes or parsnips for extra sweetness and texture.
- Top with crispy bacon or croutons to add crunch and richness to each bite.
- Serve with a side of crusty bread or cornbread to soak up the delicious broth.
By following these tips, you can elevate the taste of your Goya split pea soup and create a memorable and delicious dining experience. So go ahead and enjoy this comforting bowl of goodness!
Tips For Success
Looking for a tasty and nutritious recipe? Check out the Goya Split Pea Soup Recipe, filled with green split peas, smoked ham, carrots, and more. It’s a delicious option to add to your meal rotation in Austin, Texas.
In order to make a delicious Goya Split Pea Soup, follow these :
- Use high-quality ingredients: Use fresh green split peas, smoked ham, carrots, olive oil, and chicken bouillon for the best flavor.
- Soak the peas: Soaking the green split peas overnight will help them cook faster and result in a creamier texture.
- Sauté the vegetables: Sautéing the carrots and onions in olive oil before adding them to the soup will enhance their flavor.
- Use a slow cooker: Consider using a slow cooker for convenience. Simply add all the ingredients and let it simmer on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Season to taste: Be sure to taste and adjust the seasoning of the soup before serving. You can add salt, pepper, or any other herbs and spices of your choice to enhance the flavor.
- Serve with crusty bread: Serve the Goya Split Pea Soup with a side of crusty bread or rolls for a complete and satisfying meal.
- Store leftovers properly: If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze them for longer storage.
- Customize it: Feel free to add additional ingredients such as diced potatoes, celery, or bacon to suit your taste preferences.
- Garnish with fresh herbs: Adding a sprinkle of fresh parsley or thyme on top of each bowl will add a pop of color and enhance the flavor.
- Double the recipe: If you’re cooking for a larger group, double the recipe and freeze the leftovers for future meals. It will save you time and effort in the long run.
Following these tips will help you achieve the best results when making Goya Split Pea Soup. Enjoy!
What Precautions Should Be Taken While Making Goya Split Pea Soup?
When making Goya Split Pea Soup, it is important to take precautions such as using high-quality olive oil for richness, adding sour cream or yogurt for tang, and incorporating jarred pesto for a fresh, herby finish. Canned split pea soup is also a healthy and nutritious option, rich in iron, zinc, and protein.
To enhance the flavor of your soup, try adding spices such as onion, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, and thyme. Additionally, serving it with sides like Greek yogurt chicken salad or homemade bread can elevate the dining experience.
When it comes to making Goya Split Pea Soup, there are a few precautions you should take to ensure the best possible outcome. Here are some important points to keep in mind:
- Soak the split peas: Before cooking, it is recommended to soak the split peas overnight. This helps to soften them and reduce the cooking time.
- Rinse the split peas: After soaking, be sure to rinse the split peas thoroughly to remove any debris or impurities.
- Use quality ingredients: To enhance the flavor of your soup, try using high-quality ingredients such as smoked ham, carrot, olive oil, and chicken bouillon.
- Watch the cooking time: It’s important to monitor the cooking time closely, as overcooking can result in a mushy texture. Follow the recipe instructions and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Use the right equipment: For best results, use a large pot or Dutch oven to cook the soup. This allows for even heat distribution and prevents sticking or scorching.
- Season to taste: Remember to taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. You may want to add salt, pepper, or other herbs and spices to enhance the flavor of the soup.
- Allow for some resting time: Once the soup is cooked, it’s ideal to let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together and gives the soup a richer taste.
- Store leftovers properly: If you have any leftover soup, make sure to store it in an airtight container and refrigerate promptly. Proper storage will help maintain the freshness and flavor of the soup.
By following these precautions, you can ensure that your Goya Split Pea Soup turns out delicious and satisfying. Enjoy your homemade bowl of warm, comforting soup!
Customizing The Recipe
Customizing the Goya Split Pea Soup recipe is easy with a variety of options, such as adding smoked ham, carrots, olive oil, or chicken bouillon for extra flavor. You can also experiment with different seasonings or toppings to make it your own.
Customizing The Recipe:
- Substitute the smoked ham: If you prefer a different type of meat or want a vegetarian option, feel free to substitute the smoked ham with cooked chicken, turkey, sausage, or even mushrooms.
- Add extra vegetables: Enhance the nutritional value of the soup by adding more vegetables. Consider including diced celery, onions, carrots, or even bell peppers to add flavor and texture.
- Experiment with herbs and spices: Customize the taste of the soup by adding your favorite herbs and spices. Try adding thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, or even a touch of cumin or paprika to enhance the flavor profile.
- Adjust the consistency: If you prefer a thicker soup, you can use an immersion blender to partially puree the mixture. Alternatively, if you like a thinner consistency, add more broth or water.
- Make it creamy: For a creamy texture, you can add a splash of heavy cream or coconut milk towards the end of the cooking process.
- Garnish with toppings: Sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley or cilantro on top for an added burst of freshness. You can also consider adding a dollop of sour cream or a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
- Add a kick of heat: If you enjoy spicy flavors, add some diced jalapenos or a dash of hot sauce to give the soup some heat.
- Play with different legumes: While this recipe specifically calls for green split peas, you can experiment with other legumes like yellow split peas, lentils, or even a mix of different types for added variety.
- Customize the broth: If you have dietary restrictions or preferences, you can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. You can also opt for low-sodium broth if you prefer.
- Serve with a side: Pair the soup with a crusty bread, cornbread, or a fresh salad to complete the meal.
By personalizing the Goya Split Pea Soup recipe, you can create a dish that suits your taste preferences and dietary needs. Whether it’s changing the meat, adjusting the texture, or adding extra flavors, the possibilities for customization are endless. Let your creativity shine and enjoy a bowl of soup that is tailored just for you.
The History Of Goya Split Pea Soup
Discover the history of Goya Split Pea Soup, a hearty and flavorful recipe that originated in Austin, Texas, United States. This easy-to-make soup is made with green split peas, smoked ham, carrots, olive oil, and chicken bouillon, providing a delicious and satisfying meal option.
The History Of Goya Split Pea Soup:
Split pea soup is a classic dish enjoyed by many people around the world. It has a rich history and has been a staple in many cultures for centuries. Here is a brief overview of the history of Goya split pea soup:
- The origins of split pea soup can be traced back to ancient civilizations such as Egypt and Greece, where peas were a common ingredient in their cuisine.
- During medieval times in Europe, split pea soup became popular among peasants due to its affordability and nutrient-rich nature.
- In the 17th century, split pea soup gained popularity in the Netherlands, where it became known as “erwtensoep” or “Dutch pea soup.”
- The Dutch settlers brought this delicious dish to the New World and it eventually became a part of American cuisine.
- Goya Foods, a well-known producer of Hispanic cuisine, has developed its own version of split pea soup using their signature ingredients such as smoked ham and olive oil.
- Today, Goya split pea soup continues to be a beloved comfort food, enjoyed by people of all backgrounds.
Why Choose Goya Split Pea Soup:
When it comes to split pea soup, Goya is a brand that stands out. Here are a few reasons why you should choose Goya split pea soup:
- Quality ingredients: Goya split pea soup is made with high-quality ingredients such as green split peas, smoked ham, carrots, olive oil, and chicken bouillon.
- Easy to make: Goya split pea soup recipe is straightforward and can be prepared in just 45 minutes, making it a convenient choice for a quick and delicious meal.
- Rich flavor: The combination of smoky ham and aromatic vegetables gives Goya split pea soup a rich and flavorful taste that is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
- Nutritious: Split pea soup is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. It is an excellent source of fiber, protein, and vitamins, making it a healthy choice for you and your family.
Tips For Serving Goya Split Pea Soup:
Here are a few tips to enhance your Goya split pea soup experience:
- Serve the soup hot with a side of crusty bread or crackers for a satisfying meal.
- Garnish with fresh herbs such as parsley or thyme to add a pop of color and freshness to the dish.
- For a creamier texture, use an immersion blender to partially blend the soup before serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for later use.
Enjoy the delicious and comforting flavors of Goya split pea soup, a timeless dish with a rich history that continues to be enjoyed by people all over the world.
Why Choose Goya Split Pea Soup?
Looking for a flavorful and easy-to-make split pea soup recipe? Look no further than Goya Split Pea Soup! With its delicious blend of green split peas, smoked ham, carrots, and olive oil, this soup is a go-to choice for those wanting a satisfying and nutritious meal.
Goya Split Pea Soup is an excellent choice for several reasons. Let’s delve into why this soup is a standout option:
- Quality ingredients: Goya Split Pea Soup includes green split peas, smoked ham, carrots, olive oil, and chicken bouillon. These high-quality ingredients contribute to the authentic and delicious taste of the soup.
- Versatility: Goya Split Pea Soup can be easily customized to suit your preferences. You can add additional ingredients such as canned peas, ham bone, or dried peas to enhance the flavor and texture.
- Quick and easy: With a cooking time of just 45 minutes, Goya Split Pea Soup is a convenient option for those busy days when you crave a hearty and nutritious meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Health benefits: Split peas are a good source of fiber, protein, and vitamins, making Goya Split Pea Soup a healthy choice. It offers all the nutritional goodness you need while satisfying your taste buds.
- Goya brand reputation: Goya Foods is well-known for producing high-quality and authentic Hispanic food products. Their commitment to quality ensures that every spoonful of Goya Split Pea Soup delivers a superb taste experience.
- Endless variations: Goya Split Pea Soup can be easily adapted to suit different dietary preferences. Whether you want to make it vegetarian or add additional ingredients like crispy chorizo or hot sauce, the possibilities are endless.
- Budget-friendly: Goya Split Pea Soup offers great value for your money. Using affordable ingredients, this soup allows you to create a filling and satisfying meal without breaking the bank.
- Comfort food at its best: There’s nothing quite like a warm bowl of split pea soup to comfort and nourish you. Goya Split Pea Soup provides that perfect combination of flavors and textures that will make any day better.
- Easy to find ingredients: The ingredients needed for Goya Split Pea Soup are readily available in most grocery stores. You won’t have to search high and low to find everything you need to whip up a batch of this delicious soup.
- Customer favorite: Goya Split Pea Soup has garnered rave reviews from satisfied customers. Its delicious taste and ease of preparation have made it a favorite choice among soup enthusiasts.
Goya Split Pea Soup is a top-notch option that offers quality ingredients, versatility, convenience, health benefits, and a reputation for excellence. Whether you’re craving a comforting meal or looking for a nutritious choice, Goya Split Pea Soup ticks all the boxes.
Try it out and experience the deliciousness for yourself!
Goya Split Pea Soup Nutrition Fact
Discover the nutrition facts of Goya Split Pea Soup, a delicious recipe made with green split peas, smoked ham, carrot, olive oil, and chicken bouillon. This flavorful soup is an excellent source of protein, iron, and zinc, making it a healthy and satisfying choice for any meal.
Goya Split Pea Soup Nutrition Fact:
- Split Peas: Rich in fiber, protein, and complex carbohydrates, split peas provide a good source of nutrition and energy.
- Smoked Ham: Adds flavor and protein to the soup.
- Carrot: A nutritious vegetable that adds vitamins, minerals, and a hint of sweetness to the soup.
- Olive Oil: Provides heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and adds a smooth texture to the soup.
- Chicken Bouillon: Enhances the flavor of the soup and adds a savory taste.
How To Make Goya Split Pea Soup:
- Prepare the ingredients: Rinse the split peas and chop the smoked ham and carrot into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the chopped ham and carrot to the pot and cook until the ham is lightly browned and the carrot is tender.
- Add the rinsed split peas to the pot and stir to combine with the ham and carrot.
- Pour in enough water to cover the ingredients and add the chicken bouillon.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the split peas are tender.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender to puree until smooth, if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tips For Enhancing Canned Split Pea Soup:
- Add a glug of quality olive oil for richness and grassy freshness.
- Stir in sour cream or yogurt for a creamy and tangy finish.
- Incorporate jarred pesto for a bright and herby flavor.
By following these tips, you can easily transform a can of split pea soup into a delicious and exciting meal!
Remember to try experimenting with different flavors and ingredients to make the soup suit your taste preferences. Enjoy the wonderful goodness of Goya Split Pea Soup!
Who Should Not Eat Goya Split Pea Soup?
Goya Split Pea Soup is a delicious and nutritious recipe, but it may not be suitable for everyone. Individuals with legume allergies or digestive issues may want to avoid consuming this soup.
Goya split pea soup is a delicious and nutritious dish loved by many. However, there are certain individuals who should exercise caution or avoid consuming this soup. Here are some factors to consider:
- People with digestive issues: Split peas are high in fiber, which can be difficult to digest for some individuals with sensitive digestive systems. It may cause bloating, gas, or discomfort in these cases.
- Individuals with allergies: Goya split pea soup contains ingredients such as smoked ham and chicken bouillon, which can trigger allergies in some people. If you have a known allergy to any of these ingredients, it’s best to avoid consuming this soup.
- Those on a low-sodium diet: Goya split pea soup often contains ham or chicken bouillon, which can be high in sodium. If you’re following a low-sodium diet for medical reasons, it’s advisable to check the nutrition label or prepare the soup without adding additional salt.
- People with dietary restrictions: If you follow a vegetarian or vegan diet, Goya split pea soup may not be suitable for you, as it typically includes meat-based ingredients. However, you can modify the recipe by using vegetable broth and omitting the animal-based products.
- Individuals on a low-carb diet: Split peas contain carbohydrates, so if you’re following a low-carb diet, you may need to limit your consumption of Goya split pea soup or choose a different dish that aligns with your dietary goals.
- Infants and young children: Goya split pea soup may not be appropriate for infants or young children, especially if they have not yet been introduced to solid foods. It’s always best to consult with a pediatrician before introducing new foods into a child’s diet.
While Goya split pea soup is generally a healthy and flavorful choice, it’s important to consider individual health factors and dietary restrictions before consuming it. If you have any concerns or questions, it’s always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian.
Frequently Asked Questions For Goya Split Pea Soup Recipe
How To Make Canned Split Pea Soup Better?
To make canned split pea soup better, add a glug of quality olive oil for richness and freshness. You can also stir in sour cream, yogurt, or jarred pesto for added flavor.
Is Canned Split Pea Soup Good For You?
Canned split pea soup is a healthy choice as it contains iron, zinc, protein, and can help manage health conditions like hypertension and inflammation.
What Can I Add To Bland Split Pea Soup?
To enhance bland split pea soup, add flavors like onion, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, and thyme. You can also try adding ham, carrots, and olive oil for added richness.
What Goes With Split Pea Soup?
For split pea soup, you can pair it with ham, homemade bread, grilled cheese sandwiches, baked sweet potato, or goat cheese salad.
How Can I Make Canned Split Pea Soup More Flavorful?
To add flavor to canned split pea soup, try adding spices like onion, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, and thyme. Fresh thyme works best for optimal taste.
Is Canned Split Pea Soup A Healthy Option?
Canned split pea soup can be a healthy and delicious choice. Split peas themselves are rich in iron, zinc, and protein, which can help manage health conditions such as hypertension, inflammation, pre-diabetes, and cholesterol.
What Are Some Ways To Enhance The Taste Of Bland Split Pea Soup?
To improve the taste of bland split pea soup, consider adding additional spices like onion, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, and thyme. These ingredients can help enhance the flavors of the soup.
The Goya Split Pea Soup recipe is a delicious and nutritious option to add to your meal rotation. With its simple ingredients and easy preparation, it makes for a satisfying and hearty dish. The combination of green split peas, smoked ham, carrots, and olive oil creates a flavorful and comforting soup that can be enjoyed on its own or with a side of homemade bread or grilled cheese sandwiches.
Not only is this soup tasty, but it is also a healthy choice, as split peas are rich in iron, zinc, and protein. Adding a glug of quality olive oil or jarred pesto can elevate the flavors and make the soup even more delightful.
So, if you’re looking for a quick and easy soup recipe that is both delicious and nutritious, give the Goya Split Pea Soup a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.